MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in the Mount Vernon area this week:
- After a stretch of winter that produced large accumulations of snow, the City of Mount Vernon was struggling to get all of its roadways properly cleared, according to WABC-TV New York.
- A Chase bank in Pelham Manor was robbed at gunpoint by a masked man wielding a gun around noon on Tuesday, police officials said. The suspect fled the bank located at 854 Pelham Parkway on foot.
- Two teenage boys from Yonkers were stabbed during a fight at a gas station in Yonkers late Tuesday night, police officials said.
- A 42-year-old male nurse, Nanic Aidasani, from Yonkers was charged in the rape of an elderly resident at a Bronx nursing home ,according to a report from WABC-TV.
- A Yonkers man, Pedro D. Ramirez-Cuebas III, 21, was spotted by state police allegedly traveling at 144 mph and was later arrested at the toll plaza at Exit 24 on I-87 north in the Albany County Town of Coeymans on Friday, Feb. 14.
- The Baltimore Ravens reacted to the arrest and release of running back Ray Rice and his fiancée who were involved in a physical altercation at an Atlantic City casino Friday night.