MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- Mount Vernon police responded to reports of gunshots at Gramatan and West Sidney avenues early Monday morning, Nov. 17, according to News 12 Westchester.
- Mount Vernon officials will once again listen to the public next week regarding a much-maligned $85 million luxury apartment development at 42 W. Broad St.
- Rene Carcamo, 60, has been arrested and accused of hanging 25 dead cats from a tree near his Yonkers home in April.
- The Internal Revenue Service is warning residents of Westchester County to beware of a new telephone scam demanding money or bank information from taxpayers.
- Former Alexander Hamilton High School standout Tiffany Corselli is among the members of the Niagara University women's basketball team that has been stuck on a team bus on the New York Thruway since 2 a.m. Tuesday during a Lake-Effect blizzard that has hit the Buffalo area.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.