MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The Mavis and Ephraim Hawthorne Golden Krust Foundation will host its 11th Annual Excellence Awards Gala on Thursday, July 14 at 6 p.m. at the VIP Country Club in New Rochelle.
The foundation will honor six distinguished members of the community for their dedication to service, commitment to excellence and outstanding contributions to the community at the Awards Gala. The funds raised will go directly towards the foundation's college bound 2016 scholarship recipients.
These are the honorees:
- Colvin Grannum (president and chief executive officer, Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation)
- Stephen Hill (founder and chief executive officer, CIN TV)
- Robert Holland Jr. (chairman, NSSA at Mount Vernon)
- Earl Jarrett (general manager, Jamaica National Building Society)
- Marcella Maxwell (educator)
- Neil Foster Phillips (president and chief executive history, J. Foster Phillips Funeral Home, Inc.).
The foundation was established in 2005 with the mission to help educate and assist with college completion, through scholarships, mentorships and internships. This year, it will award at least 10 scholarships to high school seniors at the Annual Scholarship Ceremony, as well as honor its pledge to provide the second round of scholarship disbursement to the 50 recipients. Each recipient will receive four thousand dollars over four years.
The Awards Gala will begin with a cocktail reception where guests will have a chance to mix and mingle, and bid in the silent auction. The cocktail reception will be followed by the awards ceremony, dinner and entertainment.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.