BEACON, N.Y. -- Brandon Johnson scored 16 of his 27 points in the first half Friday to propel the Woodlands boys basketball team to a 73-47 victory over Southampton in the Class B state regional championship at Beacon High School.
The high-flying Section 1 champion Falcons advanced to the Class B state Final Four at upstate Glens Falls for the first time since 1990 and will play in a championship semifinal on Friday, March 14 at 6:45 p.m.
Johnson scored 11 points in the first quarter as Woodlands jumped ahead 18-11. He continued his hot scoring in the second quarter an the Falcons led 41-25 at halftime.
Ross Joseph, who scored 18, and Jamil Gambari, with 14. helped Woodlands run away from Southampton in the second half.
Woodlands earned a spot in the regional final with Wednesday's (March 5) 53-46 victory over Spackenkill in the semifinal round.
The Woodlands girls team will play its Class B state regional final Saturday, March 8 at New Rochelle High School against Hampton Bays to see whether they will travel to upstate Hudson Valley Community College as part of the Class B girls Final Four.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Tuckahoe Man Charged With Cashing Same Check Twice
- 3 State AG To Take Over Raynette Turner Investigation In Mount Vernon
- 4 Westchester Man Wins Millions In Lottery
- 5 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies