NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Security concerns forced the postponement of Friday’s boys basketball game between Mount Vernon and New Rochelle. The game will be played at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 28.
New Rochelle will charge $5 admission for the game for adults, and $2 for students. Fans must have identification to purchase a ticket.
According to a post on lohudblogs.com, the game was postponed by threats on social media and ongoing issues involving members of the community. The incidents do not involve players.
In October 2005, a football game was played on a Friday morning during school and spectators were not permitted to attend due to threat of violence in the communities.
New Rochelle is 3-4, while Mount Vernon is 6-1. The teams are also scheduled to meet on Feb. 5.
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 3 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Mount Vernon Saturday
- 4 Snow Could Return To Mount Vernon For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Mount Vernon Could See Another Round Of Snow Saturday