NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Security concerns forced the postponement of Friday’s boys basketball game between Mount Vernon and New Rochelle. The game will be played at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 28.
New Rochelle will charge $5 admission for the game for adults, and $2 for students. Fans must have identification to purchase a ticket.
According to a post on lohudblogs.com, the game was postponed by threats on social media and ongoing issues involving members of the community. The incidents do not involve players.
In October 2005, a football game was played on a Friday morning during school and spectators were not permitted to attend due to threat of violence in the communities.
New Rochelle is 3-4, while Mount Vernon is 6-1. The teams are also scheduled to meet on Feb. 5.
- 1 Mount Vernon Employee Arrested For Stealing From Parking Meters
- 2 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mount Vernon Skies Sunday
- 4 Guilty Plea Of Mount Vernon Mayor Tops Week's News
- 5 No Ebola Cases In Mount Vernon, Despite Rumors, Says Mayor's Office