PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- The Pace University men's and women's basketball teams picked up wins against the College of Saint Rose on Wednesday, Feb. 12.
The women's team came back from a double-digit deficit to win 62-54.
The team was led by a scoring effort that saw four players in double figures. Freshman Shanice Allen led Pace with 13 points. Junior Jeane Drury and freshman Kirsten Dodge gained career-highs with 12 and 11, respectively. Junior Shanice Maynard recorded her fourth double-double of the season with 10 points and 11 rebounds.
The Lady Setters fell behind 13-0, before going on a 15-1 run to tie the game at 22-22 with 6:24 remaining in the first half. Saint Rose would recover at the end of the half and take a 34-28 lead.
Pace came back with 16 of the next 20 points to make it 44-43 at the 10:59 mark. Pace would hold on to the lead by going 6-for-6 at the free throw line in the final 1:42 to seal the victory.
The Pace men's basketball team's 59-54 win over Saint Rose improved its record to 6-16 overall and 4-12 in the NE-10.
Senior Jamaal James netted a game-high 16 points for Pace.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 Four Plead Guilty In Mount Vernon Gang Murder
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Vernon; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Vernon, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Mount Vernon Enters State Of Emergency As Storm Arrives
- 5 Storm System Departs Mount Vernon, Snow Could Return Thursday