PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- The Pace University baseball team fell to the Dominican Chargers 8-3 in a non-conference game.
The Setters (1-3) struck first in the opening inning as senior Michael Viegas and senior Chris Gili singled to put runners at first and third with one out. James Pjura drove in the first run of the game with a double to center. Ian Wukitsch followed with an RBI groundout to put the Setters in front 2-0 after one inning.
Dominican (4-4) scored two runs in the fourth and two more in the fifth for a 6-2 lead, which it never gave up.
The Setters are scheduled to play Dowling on Friday, March 14 at 6 p.m. at the USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary, N.C.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 Mount Vernon Police Investigate Monday Night Homicide
- 2 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 3 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Group Home
- 4 Curtain Set To Rise At Mount Vernon Film Festival
- 5 Judge Orders Westchester Publisher To Stay In Jail Until Trial