MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Mount Vernon High School's varsity football team is on the field just after 8 a.m. daily and practices rigorously until 5 p.m., in efforts to prepare for the upcoming season.
Discipline and teamwork are at the forefront of the practice strategies. An assistant coach could be overheard telling the team, "There will be no breaks in practice until Thanksgiving week."
- 1 Robbers On The Run After Heist At Pelham Manor Store
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Mount Vernon Superintendent Discusses Fitness At White House
- 4 Mount Vernon Police Slow To Update Sex Offender Info, Audit Finds
- 5 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash