MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Mount Vernon High School's varsity football team is on the field just after 8 a.m. daily and practices rigorously until 5 p.m., in efforts to prepare for the upcoming season.
Discipline and teamwork are at the forefront of the practice strategies. An assistant coach could be overheard telling the team, "There will be no breaks in practice until Thanksgiving week."
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 3 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 4 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash