MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Mount Vernon High School's varsity football team is on the field just after 8 a.m. daily and practices rigorously until 5 p.m., in efforts to prepare for the upcoming season.
Discipline and teamwork are at the forefront of the practice strategies. An assistant coach could be overheard telling the team, "There will be no breaks in practice until Thanksgiving week."
- 1 Mount Vernon Employee Charged With Stealing From Parking Meters
- 2 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mount Vernon Skies Sunday
- 4 Mount Vernon Miffed Maligned Mayor Won't Step Down
- 5 No Ebola Cases In Mount Vernon, Despite Rumors, Says Mayor's Office