WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Tristan Wisseman led the way with 17 points Tuesday as Section 11's Shelter Island topped Section 1 champion Clark Academy of Dobbs Ferry 63-35 in a Class D boys basketball state regional semifinal game at the Westchester County Center.
Clark Academy, which won its fourth Section 1 title since 2007 last Friday, trailed Shelter Island led 20-11 after one quarter and 36-21 at the halftime and never got closer than 20-17 early in the second quarter.
Calvin Walters and Andre Carthorn each scored eight points and Clatyon Buckner and Rahmel Lowden added six points for Clark Academy.
Shelter Island, a Long Island representative, advanced to play in the regional final at SUNY New Paltz Saturday, the final step before advancing to the state final four at Glens Falls.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Mount Vernon Basketball Fans Celebrate Championship Win
- 5 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says