WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Tristan Wisseman led the way with 17 points Tuesday as Section 11's Shelter Island topped Section 1 champion Clark Academy of Dobbs Ferry 63-35 in a Class D boys basketball state regional semifinal game at the Westchester County Center.
Clark Academy, which won its fourth Section 1 title since 2007 last Friday, trailed Shelter Island led 20-11 after one quarter and 36-21 at the halftime and never got closer than 20-17 early in the second quarter.
Calvin Walters and Andre Carthorn each scored eight points and Clatyon Buckner and Rahmel Lowden added six points for Clark Academy.
Shelter Island, a Long Island representative, advanced to play in the regional final at SUNY New Paltz Saturday, the final step before advancing to the state final four at Glens Falls.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 3 Court's Injunction Stops HUD From Giving Away Grants For Westchester
- 4 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 5 Open Houses In Mount Vernon This Weekend