WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Tristan Wisseman led the way with 17 points Tuesday as Section 11's Shelter Island topped Section 1 champion Clark Academy of Dobbs Ferry 63-35 in a Class D boys basketball state regional semifinal game at the Westchester County Center.
Clark Academy, which won its fourth Section 1 title since 2007 last Friday, trailed Shelter Island led 20-11 after one quarter and 36-21 at the halftime and never got closer than 20-17 early in the second quarter.
Calvin Walters and Andre Carthorn each scored eight points and Clatyon Buckner and Rahmel Lowden added six points for Clark Academy.
Shelter Island, a Long Island representative, advanced to play in the regional final at SUNY New Paltz Saturday, the final step before advancing to the state final four at Glens Falls.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Pedestrian Hurt In Mount Vernon Hit-And-Run
- 3 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court
- 4 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car