MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - The Mount Vernon City School District is considering making Pennington School a joint elementary/middle school.
Currently, Pennington School serves only as an elementary school. The issue arose because many parents in Mount Vernon send their children to private school after they leave elementary school. This is an effort to keep more students in the school district as middle schoolers.
A meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. Jan. 31 in the cafeteria of Pennington School, 20 Fairway St.. Both Superintendent Judith Johnson and board of education members will be present to answer any questions parents may have.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Indicted On Manslaughter Charges in Attack With Car
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 3 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Mount Vernon Meeting Will Focus On Police Test Preparation