MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - The Mount Vernon City School District is considering making Pennington School a joint elementary/middle school.
Currently, Pennington School serves only as an elementary school. The issue arose because many parents in Mount Vernon send their children to private school after they leave elementary school. This is an effort to keep more students in the school district as middle schoolers.
A meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. Jan. 31 in the cafeteria of Pennington School, 20 Fairway St.. Both Superintendent Judith Johnson and board of education members will be present to answer any questions parents may have.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 4 Attorney General Joins Investigation Into Mount Vernon Holding Cell Death
- 5 Family Files $20M Suit Against Yonkers In Police Raid Fatal Fall Incident