MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - The Mount Vernon City School District is considering making Pennington School a joint elementary/middle school.
Currently, Pennington School serves only as an elementary school. The issue arose because many parents in Mount Vernon send their children to private school after they leave elementary school. This is an effort to keep more students in the school district as middle schoolers.
A meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. Jan. 31 in the cafeteria of Pennington School, 20 Fairway St.. Both Superintendent Judith Johnson and board of education members will be present to answer any questions parents may have.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Former Westchester DA Pirro Makes Appearance At Robert Durst Hearing
- 4 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 5 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion