MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The Mount Vernon City School District will host a budget workshop on Saturday, March 29, at 9 a.m. in the music room of Thornton High School.
Saturday's meeting will be the first of three workshops that will allow community members, parents, staff and students to offer feedback on the development of the Mount Vernon City School District's budget and academic program.
The format for the workshop will consist of a short presentation by interim Superintendent Judith Johnson on progress so far, options for the future recommendations by the administration, a collection and review of feedback, as well as the future decisions to be made.
Following this presentation, attendees will work in group discussion and engage in a group activity designed to inform the Board of Education on the values and priorities of the district's constituents.
Additional workshops scheduled include:
- Saturday, April 5, at 8:30 a.m. at Longfellow Elementary School at 625 S. Fourth Ave.
- Saturday, May 3, at 9 a.m. at the Board of Education Building at 165 N. Columbus Ave.
Thornton High School is at 121 S. Sixth Ave.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says
- 5 Mount Vernon Basketball Fans Celebrate Championship Win