MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The Mount Vernon City School District will host a budget workshop on Saturday, March 29, at 9 a.m. in the music room of Thornton High School.
Saturday's meeting will be the first of three workshops that will allow community members, parents, staff and students to offer feedback on the development of the Mount Vernon City School District's budget and academic program.
The format for the workshop will consist of a short presentation by interim Superintendent Judith Johnson on progress so far, options for the future recommendations by the administration, a collection and review of feedback, as well as the future decisions to be made.
Following this presentation, attendees will work in group discussion and engage in a group activity designed to inform the Board of Education on the values and priorities of the district's constituents.
Additional workshops scheduled include:
- Saturday, April 5, at 8:30 a.m. at Longfellow Elementary School at 625 S. Fourth Ave.
- Saturday, May 3, at 9 a.m. at the Board of Education Building at 165 N. Columbus Ave.
Thornton High School is at 121 S. Sixth Ave.
- 1 Funeral Arrangements Made For Raynette Turner In Mount Vernon
- 2 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Tuckahoe Man Charged With Cashing Same Check Twice