MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Three school counselors from the Mount Vernon School District recently took part in the first School Counselor Summit in Albany.
The April summit at the Desmond Hotel in Albany followed the New York State Department of Education's recognition of "the need to improve the support services offered to our students through the school counselors within the state," according to a press release.
The 250 counselors who attended were recommended by their local school districts to participate in the event.
The summit focused on four topics: Standards and accountability; curriculum and instructional resource; administrative and community support; and professional development and recommendation.
The three counselors from Mount Vernon were Noel Cabassa (Mount Vernon High School), Tara Lattimer-Wilson (Graham Elementary School) and Tara C. Richards (director of guidance for the district).
"These participants had an active role in the recommendations that will be presented to the state’s Board of Regents later this month," according to the release. "Kudos to the Mount Vernon City School District’s School Counselors for their great work..."
- 1 Funeral Arrangements Made For Raynette Turner In Mount Vernon
- 2 Initial Autopsy Results Inconclusive In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell Death
- 3 Mount Vernon Woman Was Sick Hours Before Holding Cell Death
- 4 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 5 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester