NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Washington Monthly magazine has ranked Monroe College among the top 100 Master’s universities in the nation.
Monroe was ranked No. 62 out of 684 colleges in the publication’s 2013 list. Out of the 59 colleges in New York state that made the list, Monroe placed 11th.
It was the only proprietary school in the top 100.
Master’s Universities are schools that award a minimum of 50 master’s degrees and fewer than 20 doctoral degrees during the year. It is a Carnegie Classification of higher education establishments.
Washington Monthly rates schools based on their “contribution to the public good” in three categories such as social mobility, research and service.
“This ranking underscores our students’ dedication to their education and our faculty’s unwavering commitment to their personal and academic success,” said Stephen Jerome, president of Monroe College.
U.S. News & World Report recently ranked Monroe College the No. 1 regional university for exceeding predicted graduation rates and ranked the college’s online bachelor’s degree program among the best in the nation and third in New York state.
- 1 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 2 Attorney General Joins Investigation Into Mount Vernon Holding Cell Death
- 3 Funeral Arrangements Made For Raynette Turner In Mount Vernon
- 4 Initial Autopsy Results Inconclusive In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell Death
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient