Mount Vernon Mayor Richard Thomas recently told a realtors’ group that he has a long list of initiatives and plans that will move the struggling city forward, according to a report by realestateindepth.com.
Real Estate In-Depth is the official publication of the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors.
Thomas spoke before about 75 members of the group’s Commercial Investment Division on Thursday, Oct. 27, in White Plains.
According to realestateindepth.com, the former city councilman touted the city’s proximity to La Guardia Airport, New York City and Stamford, Conn. He also pointed out the city’s robust transportation system, the publication reported.
Among the plans and initiatives www.realestateindepth.com said Thomas discussed were:
- Development-friendly rezoning.
- Putting together a new Comprehensive Plan.
- Working on image issues related to the crime rate, school systems and infrastructure.
- Hiring more police officers and firefighters.
- Diversifying development projects.
- Working more closely with community organizations and school officials.
- Improving parking.
- Giving tax breaks to certain landlords in the hopes of lowering vacancies in commercial buildings.
- Providing small businesses with access to professional consultants, networking space, and grants and loans.
- Spending $20 million to improve Memorial Field.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.