WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County Democrats have voiced their support to raise the legal age to purchase cigarettes and other tobacco products to 19, according to LoHud.com.
Westchester legislators chose 19 in an effort to keep cigarettes out of high schools and to garner maximum support for the proposal. New York City and Suffolk county recently enacted laws that raised the legal age to purchase tobacco to 21, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 4 Attorney General Joins Investigation Into Mount Vernon Holding Cell Death
- 5 Family Files $20M Suit Against Yonkers In Police Raid Fatal Fall Incident