WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County Democrats have voiced their support to raise the legal age to purchase cigarettes and other tobacco products to 19, according to LoHud.com.
Westchester legislators chose 19 in an effort to keep cigarettes out of high schools and to garner maximum support for the proposal. New York City and Suffolk county recently enacted laws that raised the legal age to purchase tobacco to 21, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Sentenced For Assaulting Detective
- 2 Several Stabbed In Late Night Street Fight In Mount Vernon
- 3 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 4 Mount Vernon Officially Renames Longfellow Schools
- 5 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors