WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Yonkers man was spotted by state police allegedly traveling at 144 MPH and was later arrested at the toll plaza at Exit 24 on I-87 north in the Albany County Town of Coeymans on Friday, Feb. 14.
Pedro D. Ramirez-Cuebas III, 21, allegedly would not stop his black Acura Integra when police pursued him.
Ramirez-Cuebas continued north on I-87 at a high rate of speed weaving in and out of traffic and turning his headlights on and off.
The pursuit ended safely when Ramirez-Cuebas was forced to stop when his vehicle reached the toll plaza of exit 24. He was quickly taken into custody without further incident.
He was transported to Albany State Police where he was charged with first-degree reckless endangerment, third-degree unlawful fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle and possession of marijuana.
Ramirez-Cuebas was arraigned and remanded to the Albany County jail pending further action in the Town of Coeymans Court later this month.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Charged In Fatal Hit-And-Run
- 2 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Son Of ESPN Writer
- 3 Mount Vernon Man Charged In Stabbing Had Domestic Troubles In Past
- 4 Mount Vernon Seeks Contractor For Memorial Field Tennis Bubble
- 5 Mount Vernon's Wartburg Hosts LeadingAge NY Graduation