UPDATED 2 p.m. YONKERS, N.Y. -- Two teenage boys from Yonkers were stabbed during a fight at a gas station in Yonkers late Tuesday night, police officials said.
The fight broke out in the parking lot of the BP gas station at 619 Tuckahoe Rd. around 11:15 p.m. after the boys emerged from a party in an apartment complex at 1758 Central Park Ave., according to officials.
An unidentified 16-year-old boy was stabbed in the left side of the chest, resulting in the puncturing of his left lung.
Yonkers Detective Lt. Patrick McCormack said as of 2 p.m. on Wednesday, the boy was in stable condition and is expected to live.
The second unidentified male, a 15-year-old boy, was stabbed in the abdomen, treated and released from a local hospital, according to officials.
Though no cause for the fight has been identified, approximately 100 mostly-teenaged partygoers were seen leaving the complex. Witnesses called 911 as the brawl began.
Witnesses said the large party was advertised on social media, according to police officials.
Eric Gendron contributed to this report.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 4 Attorney General Joins Investigation Into Mount Vernon Holding Cell Death
- 5 Family Files $20M Suit Against Yonkers In Police Raid Fatal Fall Incident