MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The United Corner Luncheonette, a popular eatery in Mount Vernon, was severely damaged by what appears to be an accidental electrical fire on Monday night, according to News 12.
It took fire crews about an hour-and-a-half to knock down the fire in the building located on the corner of Gramatan Avenue and Fiske Place, according to the report.
The fire reportedly could have been worse with most of the other four stories of the building, which includes residential apartments, undamaged.
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Robbers On The Run After Heist At Pelham Manor Store
- 3 Mount Vernon Superintendent Discusses Fitness At White House
- 4 Mount Vernon Police Slow To Update Sex Offender Info, Audit Finds
- 5 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester