MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The United Corner Luncheonette, a popular eatery in Mount Vernon, was severely damaged by what appears to be an accidental electrical fire on Monday night, according to News 12.
It took fire crews about an hour-and-a-half to knock down the fire in the building located on the corner of Gramatan Avenue and Fiske Place, according to the report.
The fire reportedly could have been worse with most of the other four stories of the building, which includes residential apartments, undamaged.
- 1 Four Plead Guilty In Mount Vernon Gang Murder
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Vernon; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Vernon, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Mount Vernon Enters State Of Emergency As Storm Arrives
- 5 Storm System Departs Mount Vernon, Snow Could Return Thursday