MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The United Corner Luncheonette, a popular eatery in Mount Vernon, was severely damaged by what appears to be an accidental electrical fire on Monday night, according to News 12.
It took fire crews about an hour-and-a-half to knock down the fire in the building located on the corner of Gramatan Avenue and Fiske Place, according to the report.
The fire reportedly could have been worse with most of the other four stories of the building, which includes residential apartments, undamaged.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 5 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle