MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The United Corner Luncheonette, a popular eatery in Mount Vernon, was severely damaged by what appears to be an accidental electrical fire on Monday night, according to News 12.
It took fire crews about an hour-and-a-half to knock down the fire in the building located on the corner of Gramatan Avenue and Fiske Place, according to the report.
The fire reportedly could have been worse with most of the other four stories of the building, which includes residential apartments, undamaged.
- 1 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Mount Vernon Police Seek Strip Club Shooting Suspect