MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The United Corner Luncheonette, a popular eatery in Mount Vernon, was severely damaged by what appears to be an accidental electrical fire on Monday night, according to News 12.
It took fire crews about an hour-and-a-half to knock down the fire in the building located on the corner of Gramatan Avenue and Fiske Place, according to the report.
The fire reportedly could have been worse with most of the other four stories of the building, which includes residential apartments, undamaged.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Charged In Fatal Hit-And-Run
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Charged In Stabbing Had Domestic Troubles In Past
- 3 Mount Vernon Seeks Contractor For Memorial Field Tennis Bubble
- 4 Mount Vernon's Wartburg Hosts LeadingAge NY Graduation
- 5 Mount Vernon Schools Budget Represents No Tax Levy Increase