This story was updated at 3:30 p.m.
MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. — Lucius Crawford, the 60-year-old man accused of stabbing a woman to death in his apartment Tuesday, has confessed to killing another woman in Yonkers in the 1990s, Mount Vernon police said Wednesday.
Crawford was arraigned in Mount Vernon City Court on Wednesday afternoon on a charge of second-degree murder, police said. He was arrested Tuesday night after police said he stabbed a 42-year-old woman 19 times at 7 Beekman Ave., Mount Vernon. The woman died. Police said Crawford has since confessed to killing a Yonkers woman as well as a Bronx woman in 1993.
Crawford served 13 years in a South Carolina prison for attempted murder, according to law enforcement officials.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Funeral Arrangements Made For Raynette Turner In Mount Vernon
- 2 Initial Autopsy Results Inconclusive In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell Death
- 3 Mount Vernon Woman Was Sick Hours Before Holding Cell Death
- 4 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 5 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester