This story was updated at 3:30 p.m.
MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. — Lucius Crawford, the 60-year-old man accused of stabbing a woman to death in his apartment Tuesday, has confessed to killing another woman in Yonkers in the 1990s, Mount Vernon police said Wednesday.
Crawford was arraigned in Mount Vernon City Court on Wednesday afternoon on a charge of second-degree murder, police said. He was arrested Tuesday night after police said he stabbed a 42-year-old woman 19 times at 7 Beekman Ave., Mount Vernon. The woman died. Police said Crawford has since confessed to killing a Yonkers woman as well as a Bronx woman in 1993.
Crawford served 13 years in a South Carolina prison for attempted murder, according to law enforcement officials.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Mount Vernon Teen Goes For Scholarship In Culinary Arts Competition
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 5 Mount Vernon Basketball Fans Celebrate Championship Win