This story was updated at 3:30 p.m.
MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. — Lucius Crawford, the 60-year-old man accused of stabbing a woman to death in his apartment Tuesday, has confessed to killing another woman in Yonkers in the 1990s, Mount Vernon police said Wednesday.
Crawford was arraigned in Mount Vernon City Court on Wednesday afternoon on a charge of second-degree murder, police said. He was arrested Tuesday night after police said he stabbed a 42-year-old woman 19 times at 7 Beekman Ave., Mount Vernon. The woman died. Police said Crawford has since confessed to killing a Yonkers woman as well as a Bronx woman in 1993.
Crawford served 13 years in a South Carolina prison for attempted murder, according to law enforcement officials.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Hearing To Continue On Mount Vernon's 42 W. Broad Street Development
- 2 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 3 IRS Warns Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations