MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- A man who operated a fake "gypsy cab" and used it to assault a woman in Mount Vernon was sentenced to 12 years in prison and 20 years probation, according to Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
Jonathan Wallace, 34, of the Bronx presented himself as a gypsy cab and picked up his victim on East 241st Street in his home borough.
Wallace then drove the cab to South 14th Avenue and West 3rd Street in Mount Vernon, demanded money from the victim and began to sexually assault her, the district attorney said.
The victim fled to the police where a DNA test was administered. Wallace's DNA was already in the system from a previous felony conviction.
Wallace was convicted of first-degree attempted criminal sexual act, third-degree rape and second-degree unlawful imprisonment.
- 1 Mount Vernon Fire Displaces 11
- 2 State Police Warn Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Mount Vernon's Stop & Shop Will Be Powered By Bloom Energy Fuel Cell
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield