MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- A man who operated a fake "gypsy cab" and used it to assault a woman in Mount Vernon was sentenced to 12 years in prison and 20 years probation, according to Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
Jonathan Wallace, 34, of the Bronx presented himself as a gypsy cab and picked up his victim on East 241st Street in his home borough.
Wallace then drove the cab to South 14th Avenue and West 3rd Street in Mount Vernon, demanded money from the victim and began to sexually assault her, the district attorney said.
The victim fled to the police where a DNA test was administered. Wallace's DNA was already in the system from a previous felony conviction.
Wallace was convicted of first-degree attempted criminal sexual act, third-degree rape and second-degree unlawful imprisonment.
- 1 Hearing To Continue On Mount Vernon's 42 W. Broad Street Development
- 2 IRS Warns Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 4 Westchester County Stores Are Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill