MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- A man who operated a fake "gypsy cab" and used it to assault a woman in Mount Vernon was sentenced to 12 years in prison and 20 years probation, according to Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
Jonathan Wallace, 34, of the Bronx presented himself as a gypsy cab and picked up his victim on East 241st Street in his home borough.
Wallace then drove the cab to South 14th Avenue and West 3rd Street in Mount Vernon, demanded money from the victim and began to sexually assault her, the district attorney said.
The victim fled to the police where a DNA test was administered. Wallace's DNA was already in the system from a previous felony conviction.
Wallace was convicted of first-degree attempted criminal sexual act, third-degree rape and second-degree unlawful imprisonment.
- 1 Mount Vernon Breaks Ground On Affordable Housing Project
- 2 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 3 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Mount Vernon Saturday