MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- A man who operated a fake "gypsy cab" and used it to assault a woman in Mount Vernon was sentenced to 12 years in prison and 20 years probation, according to Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
Jonathan Wallace, 34, of the Bronx presented himself as a gypsy cab and picked up his victim on East 241st Street in his home borough.
Wallace then drove the cab to South 14th Avenue and West 3rd Street in Mount Vernon, demanded money from the victim and began to sexually assault her, the district attorney said.
The victim fled to the police where a DNA test was administered. Wallace's DNA was already in the system from a previous felony conviction.
Wallace was convicted of first-degree attempted criminal sexual act, third-degree rape and second-degree unlawful imprisonment.
- 1 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 2 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 3 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 4 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 5 Serious Crash Reported On Sprain Brook Parkway