MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- A man who operated a fake "gypsy cab" and used it to assault a woman in Mount Vernon was sentenced to 12 years in prison and 20 years probation, according to Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
Jonathan Wallace, 34, of the Bronx presented himself as a gypsy cab and picked up his victim on East 241st Street in his home borough.
Wallace then drove the cab to South 14th Avenue and West 3rd Street in Mount Vernon, demanded money from the victim and began to sexually assault her, the district attorney said.
The victim fled to the police where a DNA test was administered. Wallace's DNA was already in the system from a previous felony conviction.
Wallace was convicted of first-degree attempted criminal sexual act, third-degree rape and second-degree unlawful imprisonment.
- 1 Mount Vernon Employee Charged With Stealing From Parking Meters
- 2 Mount Vernon Miffed Maligned Mayor Won't Step Down
- 3 Bank Robber Remains On The Loose In Mount Vernon
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 No Ebola Cases In Mount Vernon, Despite Rumors, Says Mayor's Office