MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – A Mount Vernon resident is recovering at the Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx after being struck by a vehicle while walking on South Fulton Avenue Thursday night.
Police confirmed that the 55-year-old man is in critical condition after being struck by an elderly Mount Vernon driver shortly before 9 p.m. on Thursday.
The victim suffered a fractured skull. Police said the driver was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol and no tickets were issued as a result of the accident.
- 1 Core Member Of Mount Vernon Street Gang Gets 28 Years In Prison
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Killing 'Neighborhood Grandmother'
- 3 Mount Vernon Police Seek Strip Club Shooting Suspect
- 4 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says
- 5 Mount Vernon Officials Break Ground On Workforce Housing