MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – A Mount Vernon resident is recovering at the Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx after being struck by a vehicle while walking on South Fulton Avenue Thursday night.
Police confirmed that the 55-year-old man is in critical condition after being struck by an elderly Mount Vernon driver shortly before 9 p.m. on Thursday.
The victim suffered a fractured skull. Police said the driver was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol and no tickets were issued as a result of the accident.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle
- 5 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate