MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – Mount Vernon police officials are warning local residents about a recent scam that has seen a group of men posing as Con Edison workers in an effort to scam money.
According to the police, the men – who travel in a pair of red trucks with out-of-state license plates – are carrying identification that makes them look like official Con Edison employees.
The group of men have victimized no less than three homeowners, claiming that the sidewalks outside their residences required maintenance, and demanded money in exchange for the labor.
The investigation into the phony Con Edison workers is ongoing.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 3 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 4 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash