MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – Mount Vernon police officials are still seeking the man who robbed Capital One Bank on Gramatan Avenue on Tuesday.
Police released a surveillance photo of the suspect, who made off with nearly $3,000 after threatening a teller with a gun, which was never produced during the bank robbery.
Officials have described the suspect as African-American, 5-feet, 8-inches, of average build. He was wearing a dark jacket, jeans and winter hat that read “New York.” No one was harmed during the robbery, which took place shortly after noon.
Anyone with information regarding the robbery should contact police at 914-665-2500.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Vernon, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Mount Vernon
- 3 Academy Holds Graduation For New Mount Vernon Firefighters
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Vernon; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow