MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – Mount Vernon police officials are still seeking the man who robbed Capital One Bank on Gramatan Avenue on Tuesday.
Police released a surveillance photo of the suspect, who made off with nearly $3,000 after threatening a teller with a gun, which was never produced during the bank robbery.
Officials have described the suspect as African-American, 5-feet, 8-inches, of average build. He was wearing a dark jacket, jeans and winter hat that read “New York.” No one was harmed during the robbery, which took place shortly after noon.
Anyone with information regarding the robbery should contact police at 914-665-2500.
- 1 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings In Mount Vernon
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 5 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three