MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York City police shot and killed a Mount Vernon man after he allegedly robbed a Manhattan pharmacy on Friday, May 16, according to News 12 Westchester.
Scott Kato allegedly walked into Health Source Pharmacy with a gun and demanded prescription pills and money. Authorities say they were able to find him after he fled by using a tracking device inside the bottles of pills, News 12 Westchester reported.
Police allege that Kato pulled a gun when he was found, prompting officers to open fire, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 3 Chance Of Snow Returns To Mount Vernon Tuesday
- 4 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 5 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95