MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York City police shot and killed a Mount Vernon man after he allegedly robbed a Manhattan pharmacy on Friday, May 16, according to News 12 Westchester.
Scott Kato allegedly walked into Health Source Pharmacy with a gun and demanded prescription pills and money. Authorities say they were able to find him after he fled by using a tracking device inside the bottles of pills, News 12 Westchester reported.
Police allege that Kato pulled a gun when he was found, prompting officers to open fire, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Hearing To Continue On Mount Vernon's 42 W. Broad Street Development
- 2 IRS Warns Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 4 Westchester County Stores Are Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill