MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York City police shot and killed a Mount Vernon man after he allegedly robbed a Manhattan pharmacy on Friday, May 16, according to News 12 Westchester.
Scott Kato allegedly walked into Health Source Pharmacy with a gun and demanded prescription pills and money. Authorities say they were able to find him after he fled by using a tracking device inside the bottles of pills, News 12 Westchester reported.
Police allege that Kato pulled a gun when he was found, prompting officers to open fire, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Vernon
- 3 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 4 Seven Mount Vernon Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 5 Montefiore Hosts Ebola Town Hall Meeting In Mount Vernon