MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York City police shot and killed a Mount Vernon man after he allegedly robbed a Manhattan pharmacy on Friday, May 16, according to News 12 Westchester.
Scott Kato allegedly walked into Health Source Pharmacy with a gun and demanded prescription pills and money. Authorities say they were able to find him after he fled by using a tracking device inside the bottles of pills, News 12 Westchester reported.
Police allege that Kato pulled a gun when he was found, prompting officers to open fire, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Indicted On Manslaughter Charges in Attack With Car
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 3 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidental Shooting
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three