MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York City police shot and killed a Mount Vernon man after he allegedly robbed a Manhattan pharmacy on Friday, May 16, according to News 12 Westchester.
Scott Kato allegedly walked into Health Source Pharmacy with a gun and demanded prescription pills and money. Authorities say they were able to find him after he fled by using a tracking device inside the bottles of pills, News 12 Westchester reported.
Police allege that Kato pulled a gun when he was found, prompting officers to open fire, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 3 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA