MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – The death of a Mount Vernon man, who was found shot to death in his car earlier this week in New Jersey, was ruled a murder by police officials.
Robert Ashbourne, 46, was found Tuesday by police with a gunshot wound to his neck. According to an NJ.com report, Ashbourne’s vehicle was traveling in the area when it struck an SUV that was parking.
While investigating the strange car crash, police found the victim, bleeding from his wound. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
No arrests have been made, nor has a motive been determined thus far in the investigation, which is ongoing.
Keep following the Daily Voice for more details as they emerge during the investigation.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 3 Former School Employee, Armonk Man Charged In $280K Scam
- 4 Bud Light Apologizes For Bottle Label Some Believe Promotes Rape
- 5 Court's Injunction Stops HUD From Giving Away Grants For Westchester