MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – The death of a Mount Vernon man, who was found shot to death in his car earlier this week in New Jersey, was ruled a murder by police officials.
Robert Ashbourne, 46, was found Tuesday by police with a gunshot wound to his neck. According to an NJ.com report, Ashbourne’s vehicle was traveling in the area when it struck an SUV that was parking.
While investigating the strange car crash, police found the victim, bleeding from his wound. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
No arrests have been made, nor has a motive been determined thus far in the investigation, which is ongoing.
Keep following the Daily Voice for more details as they emerge during the investigation.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Indicted On Manslaughter Charges in Attack With Car
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 3 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidental Shooting
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three