MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – The death of a Mount Vernon man, who was found shot to death in his car earlier this week in New Jersey, was ruled a murder by police officials.
Robert Ashbourne, 46, was found Tuesday by police with a gunshot wound to his neck. According to an NJ.com report, Ashbourne’s vehicle was traveling in the area when it struck an SUV that was parking.
While investigating the strange car crash, police found the victim, bleeding from his wound. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
No arrests have been made, nor has a motive been determined thus far in the investigation, which is ongoing.
Keep following the Daily Voice for more details as they emerge during the investigation.
- 1 Mount Vernon Employee Charged With Stealing From Parking Meters
- 2 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mount Vernon Skies Sunday
- 4 No Ebola Cases In Mount Vernon, Despite Rumors, Says Mayor's Office
- 5 Guilty Plea Of Mount Vernon Mayor Tops Week's News