MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a Mount Vernon man with illegally collecting unemployment benefits, police officials said.
Samuel Carlos, 25, allegedly made false entries to be made in the Business Records of the New York State Department of Labor by certifying he was unemployed. Police allege that Carlos was, in fact, gainfully employed during this time.
Police allege Carlos was able to collect more than $8,000 by making these false entries to the DOL.
Carlos is scheduled to appear in Mount Vernon Court on Friday, March 14, according to State Police.
- 1 Mount Vernon Employee Charged With Stealing From Parking Meters
- 2 Mount Vernon Miffed Maligned Mayor Won't Step Down
- 3 Bank Robber Remains On The Loose In Mount Vernon
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 No Ebola Cases In Mount Vernon, Despite Rumors, Says Mayor's Office