MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a Mount Vernon man with illegally collecting unemployment benefits, police officials said.
Samuel Carlos, 25, allegedly made false entries to be made in the Business Records of the New York State Department of Labor by certifying he was unemployed. Police allege that Carlos was, in fact, gainfully employed during this time.
Police allege Carlos was able to collect more than $8,000 by making these false entries to the DOL.
Carlos is scheduled to appear in Mount Vernon Court on Friday, March 14, according to State Police.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Tuckahoe Man Charged With Cashing Same Check Twice
- 3 State AG To Take Over Raynette Turner Investigation In Mount Vernon
- 4 Westchester Man Wins Millions In Lottery
- 5 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies