MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a Mount Vernon man with illegally collecting unemployment benefits, police officials said.
Samuel Carlos, 25, allegedly made false entries to be made in the Business Records of the New York State Department of Labor by certifying he was unemployed. Police allege that Carlos was, in fact, gainfully employed during this time.
Police allege Carlos was able to collect more than $8,000 by making these false entries to the DOL.
Carlos is scheduled to appear in Mount Vernon Court on Friday, March 14, according to State Police.
- 1 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Mount Vernon Police Seek Strip Club Shooting Suspect