MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a Mount Vernon man with illegally collecting unemployment benefits, police officials said.
Samuel Carlos, 25, allegedly made false entries to be made in the Business Records of the New York State Department of Labor by certifying he was unemployed. Police allege that Carlos was, in fact, gainfully employed during this time.
Police allege Carlos was able to collect more than $8,000 by making these false entries to the DOL.
Carlos is scheduled to appear in Mount Vernon Court on Friday, March 14, according to State Police.
- 1 Former Mount Vernon Cop Charged With Forging Hydrocodone Prescriptions
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 162 Westchester County Employees Take Buyouts