MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a Mount Vernon man with illegally collecting unemployment benefits, police officials said.
Samuel Carlos, 25, allegedly made false entries to be made in the Business Records of the New York State Department of Labor by certifying he was unemployed. Police allege that Carlos was, in fact, gainfully employed during this time.
Police allege Carlos was able to collect more than $8,000 by making these false entries to the DOL.
Carlos is scheduled to appear in Mount Vernon Court on Friday, March 14, according to State Police.
- 1 Happy Birthday To Mount Vernon’s Earl Simmons
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Vernon
- 4 Seven Mount Vernon Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester