MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a Mount Vernon man with illegally collecting unemployment benefits, police officials said.
Samuel Carlos, 25, allegedly made false entries to be made in the Business Records of the New York State Department of Labor by certifying he was unemployed. Police allege that Carlos was, in fact, gainfully employed during this time.
Police allege Carlos was able to collect more than $8,000 by making these false entries to the DOL.
Carlos is scheduled to appear in Mount Vernon Court on Friday, March 14, according to State Police.
- 1 Snow Likely In Mount Vernon On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 Mount Vernon Investigation Into Report Of Gunshots Tops Week's News
- 4 Two Shot Inside Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 5 Mount Vernon Office Building Sold For $1.5 Million