MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York State Police have charged a Mount Vernon man with possession of a controlled substance and driving while ability impaired, officials said.
Christian A. Carretta, 39, was pulled over for allegedly driving at a very slow rate of speed on the Taconic State Parkway with his hazard lights flashing, according to state police.
Subsequent investigation revealed Carretta to be under the influence of drugs. He was also allegedly in possession of a controlled substance, Troopers said.
Carretta is scheduled to appear in court on Friday, Aug. 22, authorities said.
- 1 Core Member Of Mount Vernon Street Gang Gets 28 Years In Prison
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Killing 'Neighborhood Grandmother'
- 3 Mount Vernon Police Seek Strip Club Shooting Suspect
- 4 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says
- 5 Mount Vernon Officials Break Ground On Workforce Housing