MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York State Police have charged a Mount Vernon man with possession of a controlled substance and driving while ability impaired, officials said.
Christian A. Carretta, 39, was pulled over for allegedly driving at a very slow rate of speed on the Taconic State Parkway with his hazard lights flashing, according to state police.
Subsequent investigation revealed Carretta to be under the influence of drugs. He was also allegedly in possession of a controlled substance, Troopers said.
Carretta is scheduled to appear in court on Friday, Aug. 22, authorities said.
- 1 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 2 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 3 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 4 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 5 Serious Crash Reported On Sprain Brook Parkway