MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York State Police have charged a Mount Vernon man with possession of a controlled substance and driving while ability impaired, officials said.
Christian A. Carretta, 39, was pulled over for allegedly driving at a very slow rate of speed on the Taconic State Parkway with his hazard lights flashing, according to state police.
Subsequent investigation revealed Carretta to be under the influence of drugs. He was also allegedly in possession of a controlled substance, Troopers said.
Carretta is scheduled to appear in court on Friday, Aug. 22, authorities said.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Former Westchester DA Pirro Makes Appearance At Robert Durst Hearing
- 4 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among Nation's 'Smartest'
- 5 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43