MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York State Police have charged a Mount Vernon man with possession of a controlled substance and driving while ability impaired, officials said.
Christian A. Carretta, 39, was pulled over for allegedly driving at a very slow rate of speed on the Taconic State Parkway with his hazard lights flashing, according to state police.
Subsequent investigation revealed Carretta to be under the influence of drugs. He was also allegedly in possession of a controlled substance, Troopers said.
Carretta is scheduled to appear in court on Friday, Aug. 22, authorities said.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 3 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court
- 4 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Mount Vernon