MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York State Police in Hawthorne charged a Mount Vernon man with driving while intoxicated on Saturday, April 5, police officials said.
Juma I. Sooknanan, 26, was allegedly pulled over by Troopers responding to a suspicious vehicle complaint on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers, according to State Police.
Sooknanan was allegedly found to be intoxicated and is scheduled to return to City of Yonkers Court on Tuesday, April 15, State Police said.
- 1 Mount Vernon Employee Charged With Stealing From Parking Meters
- 2 Mount Vernon Miffed Maligned Mayor Won't Step Down
- 3 Bank Robber Remains On The Loose In Mount Vernon
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 No Ebola Cases In Mount Vernon, Despite Rumors, Says Mayor's Office