MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- New York State Police in Hawthorne charged a Mount Vernon man with driving while intoxicated on Saturday, April 5, police officials said.
Juma I. Sooknanan, 26, was allegedly pulled over by Troopers responding to a suspicious vehicle complaint on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers, according to State Police.
Sooknanan was allegedly found to be intoxicated and is scheduled to return to City of Yonkers Court on Tuesday, April 15, State Police said.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Mount Vernon Basketball Fans Celebrate Championship Win
- 5 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says