MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – Mount Vernon firefighters are battling a blaze on West 4th Street between South 3rd and 4th avenues.
The fire began sometime after 7 p.m. At 8:30 p.m., smoke could be seen billowing from the structure from blocks away.
Traffic has been blocked from travel on 4th and 3rd streets at South 3rd and 4th avenues, and police are rerouting vehicles around the area.
No other details are available at this time. Check back later for more on the story.
- 1 Several Stabbed In Late Night Street Fight In Mount Vernon
- 2 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 3 Mount Vernon Officially Renames Longfellow Schools
- 4 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors
- 5 Mount Vernon's Fleetwood Neighborhood Hosts Community Clean-Up Day