MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- A fire that started in a local deli on South Fulton Avenue at approximately 6:30 a.m. on Monday spread to an upstairs apartment, leaving at least one family without a place to stay, according to News 12.
The fire is being blamed on an electric malfunction at the deli, News 12 reports.
Officials report that the apartment incurred the worst of the destruction from the blaze, according to News 12.
To read the full story, click here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.