YONKERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a man with driving while ability impaired after allegedly finding him asleep behind the wheel of his vehicle in the Sprain Brook Parkway on Monday, March 17, police officials said.
Sate Troopers were conducting a welfare check on the vehicle owned by Victor Kapiti of Pearl River. During their search, they found .6 grams of crack cocaine and a snorting straw. Police also recovered $1,808.50 and a 10-ounce silver bar, State Police said.
Kapiti was interviewed by a Drug Recognition Expert and determined to be impaired. He was arrested and remanded to Westchester County Jail, according to State Police.
- 1 Funeral Arrangements Made For Raynette Turner In Mount Vernon
- 2 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 Tuckahoe Man Charged With Cashing Same Check Twice
- 5 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies