YONKERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a man with driving while ability impaired after allegedly finding him asleep behind the wheel of his vehicle in the Sprain Brook Parkway on Monday, March 17, police officials said.
Sate Troopers were conducting a welfare check on the vehicle owned by Victor Kapiti of Pearl River. During their search, they found .6 grams of crack cocaine and a snorting straw. Police also recovered $1,808.50 and a 10-ounce silver bar, State Police said.
Kapiti was interviewed by a Drug Recognition Expert and determined to be impaired. He was arrested and remanded to Westchester County Jail, according to State Police.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings In Mount Vernon
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 5 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three