MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. — Gunshots shattered the Christmas Eve calm as police responded to a call of shots fired at 8:32 p.m. Monday at 60 Mount Vernon Ave.
Officers found a 31-year-old Mount Vernon resident with non-life threatening gunshot injuries to his legs, according to Mount Vernon Chief of Police John Roland. Officers rushed the victim to a local hospital, where he is being treated for his injuries. Police declined to identify the victim Tuesday.
Police are asking anyone with information of the shooting to call either the detective division or the confidential tip line at (914) 665-2588.
- 1 Former Mount Vernon Cop Charged With Forging Hydrocodone Prescriptions
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 162 Westchester County Employees Take Buyouts
- 4 Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, Says Westchester DA
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car