MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. — Gunshots shattered the Christmas Eve calm as police responded to a call of shots fired at 8:32 p.m. Monday at 60 Mount Vernon Ave.
Officers found a 31-year-old Mount Vernon resident with non-life threatening gunshot injuries to his legs, according to Mount Vernon Chief of Police John Roland. Officers rushed the victim to a local hospital, where he is being treated for his injuries. Police declined to identify the victim Tuesday.
Police are asking anyone with information of the shooting to call either the detective division or the confidential tip line at (914) 665-2588.
- 1 Core Member Of Mount Vernon Street Gang Gets 28 Years In Prison
- 2 Mount Vernon Police Seek Strip Club Shooting Suspect
- 3 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 4 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says
- 5 Mount Vernon Officials Break Ground On Workforce Housing