MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. — Gunshots shattered the Christmas Eve calm as police responded to a call of shots fired at 8:32 p.m. Monday at 60 Mount Vernon Ave.
Officers found a 31-year-old Mount Vernon resident with non-life threatening gunshot injuries to his legs, according to Mount Vernon Chief of Police John Roland. Officers rushed the victim to a local hospital, where he is being treated for his injuries. Police declined to identify the victim Tuesday.
Police are asking anyone with information of the shooting to call either the detective division or the confidential tip line at (914) 665-2588.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In Mount Vernon On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Mount Vernon Investigation Into Report Of Gunshots Tops Week's News
- 4 Two Shot Inside Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 5 Mount Vernon Office Building Sold For $1.5 Million