MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. — Gunshots shattered the Christmas Eve calm as police responded to a call of shots fired at 8:32 p.m. Monday at 60 Mount Vernon Ave.
Officers found a 31-year-old Mount Vernon resident with non-life threatening gunshot injuries to his legs, according to Mount Vernon Chief of Police John Roland. Officers rushed the victim to a local hospital, where he is being treated for his injuries. Police declined to identify the victim Tuesday.
Police are asking anyone with information of the shooting to call either the detective division or the confidential tip line at (914) 665-2588.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Tuckahoe Man Charged With Cashing Same Check Twice
- 3 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 4 State AG To Take Over Raynette Turner Investigation In Mount Vernon
- 5 Bank Robbers Able To Escape With Cash In Westchester Despite Technology