MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. — Gunshots shattered the Christmas Eve calm as police responded to a call of shots fired at 8:32 p.m. Monday at 60 Mount Vernon Ave.
Officers found a 31-year-old Mount Vernon resident with non-life threatening gunshot injuries to his legs, according to Mount Vernon Chief of Police John Roland. Officers rushed the victim to a local hospital, where he is being treated for his injuries. Police declined to identify the victim Tuesday.
Police are asking anyone with information of the shooting to call either the detective division or the confidential tip line at (914) 665-2588.
- 1 Man Stabbed In Street Overnight In Mount Vernon
- 2 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 3 Mount Vernon Poised To Erect Afforable Housing For Seniors
- 4 Mount Vernon Hosts Smart School Bond Act Rally
- 5 Mount Vernon Sergeant In Shooting Named In Excessive Force Lawsuits