MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. — Gunshots shattered the Christmas Eve calm as police responded to a call of shots fired at 8:32 p.m. Monday at 60 Mount Vernon Ave.
Officers found a 31-year-old Mount Vernon resident with non-life threatening gunshot injuries to his legs, according to Mount Vernon Chief of Police John Roland. Officers rushed the victim to a local hospital, where he is being treated for his injuries. Police declined to identify the victim Tuesday.
Police are asking anyone with information of the shooting to call either the detective division or the confidential tip line at (914) 665-2588.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Convicted In Fatal Stabbing Of Girlfriend Gets 25 To Life
- 2 Mount Vernon's Andre Jones Convicted Of Kidnapping, Robbery
- 3 New Medical-Surgical Unit At Montefiore Opens In Mount Vernon
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Robbers On The Run After Heist At Pelham Manor Store