MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. — Gunshots shattered the Christmas Eve calm as police responded to a call of shots fired at 8:32 p.m. Monday at 60 Mount Vernon Ave.
Officers found a 31-year-old Mount Vernon resident with non-life threatening gunshot injuries to his legs, according to Mount Vernon Chief of Police John Roland. Officers rushed the victim to a local hospital, where he is being treated for his injuries. Police declined to identify the victim Tuesday.
Police are asking anyone with information of the shooting to call either the detective division or the confidential tip line at (914) 665-2588.
- 1 Mount Vernon Employee Charged With Stealing From Parking Meters
- 2 Mount Vernon Miffed Maligned Mayor Won't Step Down
- 3 Bank Robber Remains On The Loose In Mount Vernon
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 No Ebola Cases In Mount Vernon, Despite Rumors, Says Mayor's Office