MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Some Mount Vernon residents were forced from their homes after a gas leak on Dunham Avenue on Monday, March 24, according to News 12 Westchester.
Twenty people from 16 homes were evacuated after a gas line was ruptured by a backhoe about 11 a.m., News 12 Westchester reported.
Residents were kept out of their home for about 20 minutes, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Four Plead Guilty In Mount Vernon Gang Murder
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Vernon; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Vernon, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Mount Vernon Enters State Of Emergency As Storm Arrives
- 5 Officials To Break Ground On Long Delayed $60M Development