MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Some Mount Vernon residents were forced from their homes after a gas leak on Dunham Avenue on Monday, March 24, according to News 12 Westchester.
Twenty people from 16 homes were evacuated after a gas line was ruptured by a backhoe about 11 a.m., News 12 Westchester reported.
Residents were kept out of their home for about 20 minutes, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 2 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Mount Vernon Police Seek Strip Club Shooting Suspect
- 5 Mount Vernon Officials Break Ground On Workforce Housing