MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Some Mount Vernon residents were forced from their homes after a gas leak on Dunham Avenue on Monday, March 24, according to News 12 Westchester.
Twenty people from 16 homes were evacuated after a gas line was ruptured by a backhoe about 11 a.m., News 12 Westchester reported.
Residents were kept out of their home for about 20 minutes, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Convicted In Fatal Stabbing Of Girlfriend Gets 25 To Life
- 2 Mount Vernon's Andre Jones Convicted Of Kidnapping, Robbery
- 3 New Medical-Surgical Unit At Montefiore Opens In Mount Vernon
- 4 State Advises Parents To Be Aware Of Signs Of Serious Respiratory Virus
- 5 National Weather Service: Mount Vernon's Winter Won't Be So Bad