MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Isaiah Cousins, a former Mount Vernon High School basketball star and current standout at the University of Oklahoma, was hit by a stray bullet when he was caught in the crossfire of a shootout between two rival gangs on Tuesday, according to LoHud.com.
Cousins was reportedly an innocent bystander with a group of friends when a shootout between gangs known as the "Goonies" and the "Gunnas" broke out on West Third Street, according to the report.
Cousins will recover from his wounds, but it is uncertain if his basketball career will be affected, according to the report.
Cousins, who just finished his sophomore year at Oklahoma, was the Section 1 MVP his senior year at Mount Vernon.
- 1 Mount Vernon Employee Arrested For Stealing From Parking Meters
- 2 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mount Vernon Skies Sunday
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Mount Vernon Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend