MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Isaiah Cousins, a former Mount Vernon High School basketball star and current standout at the University of Oklahoma, was hit by a stray bullet when he was caught in the crossfire of a shootout between two rival gangs on Tuesday, according to LoHud.com.
Cousins was reportedly an innocent bystander with a group of friends when a shootout between gangs known as the "Goonies" and the "Gunnas" broke out on West Third Street, according to the report.
Cousins will recover from his wounds, but it is uncertain if his basketball career will be affected, according to the report.
Cousins, who just finished his sophomore year at Oklahoma, was the Section 1 MVP his senior year at Mount Vernon.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Tuckahoe Man Charged With Cashing Same Check Twice
- 3 State AG To Take Over Raynette Turner Investigation In Mount Vernon
- 4 Westchester Man Wins Millions In Lottery
- 5 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies