YONKERS, N.Y. -- A Yonkers family dog that was mauled by a pit bull on Tuesday, April 15 died on Thursday, April 17, according to a LoHud report.
The dog, a 6-year-old Lhasa apso named Lulu, was taken to a Yonkers animal hospital after sustaining broken ribs and punctured organs, according to previous reports. Police were called to the scene and released the pit bull to its owner, Denise Cafagna, according to the report.
Lulu underwent surgery after the pit bull attack but suffered liver failure, according to the LoHud report.
- 1 Mount Vernon Employee Charged With Stealing From Parking Meters
- 2 Mount Vernon Miffed Maligned Mayor Won't Step Down
- 3 Bank Robber Remains On The Loose In Mount Vernon
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 No Ebola Cases In Mount Vernon, Despite Rumors, Says Mayor's Office