YONKERS, N.Y. -- A Yonkers family dog that was mauled by a pit bull on Tuesday, April 15 died on Thursday, April 17, according to a LoHud report.
The dog, a 6-year-old Lhasa apso named Lulu, was taken to a Yonkers animal hospital after sustaining broken ribs and punctured organs, according to previous reports. Police were called to the scene and released the pit bull to its owner, Denise Cafagna, according to the report.
Lulu underwent surgery after the pit bull attack but suffered liver failure, according to the LoHud report.
- 1 Former Mount Vernon Cop Charged With Forging Hydrocodone Prescriptions
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 162 Westchester County Employees Take Buyouts
- 4 Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, Says Westchester DA
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car