YONKERS, N.Y. -- A Yonkers family dog that was mauled by a pit bull on Tuesday, April 15 died on Thursday, April 17, according to a LoHud report.
The dog, a 6-year-old Lhasa apso named Lulu, was taken to a Yonkers animal hospital after sustaining broken ribs and punctured organs, according to previous reports. Police were called to the scene and released the pit bull to its owner, Denise Cafagna, according to the report.
Lulu underwent surgery after the pit bull attack but suffered liver failure, according to the LoHud report.
- 1 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Two Shot Inside Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 5 Mount Vernon Investigation Into Report Of Gunshots Tops Week's News