YONKERS, N.Y. -- A 12-year-old Yonkers boy has been charged with second-degree arson after a fire on Saratoga Avenue in Yonkers, according to Yonkers Police.
Police responded to the fire about 10:24 p.m. on Saturday at 191 Saratoga Ave. After an investigation, the boy was taken into custody, police said.
He is being held at Woodfield Cottage, the Westchester County juvenile detention center in Valhalla, according to police.
Police declined to release further information about the boy because of his age.
The three-alarm fire damaged two buildings and displaced dozens of residents, according to The Journal News.
- 1 Several Stabbed In Late Night Street Fight In Mount Vernon
- 2 Mount Vernon Officially Renames Longfellow Schools
- 3 Mount Vernon's Fleetwood Neighborhood Hosts Community Clean-Up Day
- 4 Yonkers Police Locate Woman In Possible Abduction
- 5 Mount Vernon Superintendent Thanks Voters For Backing 2015-16 Budget