MOUTN VERNON, N.Y. Fire ripped through a single-family home Tuesday afternoon, shutting down a block of North Columbus Avenue between East Prospect and Lorraine avenues.
The fire was reported at about 3:45 p.m. at 35 North Columbus Ave. The fire may have been started by an electrical spark during work on the home, said Mount Vernon Deputy Fire Chief Tom Duffy.
No one was injured, but the home is uninhabitable, Duffy said.
Traffic was being rerouted down East Prospect and Lorraine avenues.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.