MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Mount Vernon Police charged 15 suspects with misdemeanors over the weekend of Aug 2-3 in connection with an alleged prostitution ring, according to LoHud.com.
Police used an undercover female officer and a 10-man squad to round up the suspects, accused of patronizing a prostitute, and impound their vehicles, LoHud.com reported.
The operation was part of an ongoing effort to curb "quality of life" crimes on Mount Vernon's west side, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Mount Vernon Teen Goes For Scholarship In Culinary Arts Competition
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 5 Mount Vernon Basketball Fans Celebrate Championship Win