MAHOPAC, N.Y. - Thomas Treanor of Mahopac died on Wednesday, Aug. 6. He was 75.
Treanor was born April 13, 1939, to James Thomas and Myrtle (Brengel) Treanor in the Bronx. Before he retired he was a driver for UPS in Mount Vernon.
Treanor is survived by his children, Cindy Ann Besharat, James Treanor, Karen Blefgen and Thomas Treanor; companion, Rita Acocella; sisters, Lorene Breese and Jean Zambelli; brother, Phillip Treanor; nine grandchildren; four great-great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
Calling hours are Sunday, Aug. 10 from 1 to 5 p.m. at Cargain Funeral Homes, Inc., 418 Route Six, Mahopac, NY 10541. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11:30 a.m. Monday, Aug. 11 at St. James the Apostle R.C., 14 Gleneida Ave., Carmel, NY 10512. Interment will follow at Raymond Hill Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Treanor's memory may be made to: Alzheimer's Association, 2 Jefferson Plaza, Suite 103, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601-4060.
- 1 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Mount Vernon Police Seek Strip Club Shooting Suspect