WASHINGTON D.C. - Rosena I. Brockmond of Washington D.C., formerly of Mount Vernon died Jan. 5. She was 87.
Brockmond was born Aug. 9, 1926, in Washington, D.C., to Clausell and Pearl Payne. She moved to Mount Vernon, New York in 1943, where she worked at the Mount Vernon Hospital for 25 years. In 1998, she returned to the Washington, D.C. area to be closer to family.
Brockmond is survived by her grand niece, Michelle (Stanley) Nelson; and great-grand niece, Lena Nelson. She was predeceased by her parents; sister, Helen Thompson; and niece, Margaret Smith.
Burial services will be held Feb. 8 in New Rochelle, New York.
For more information, please visit: http://www.KalasFuneralHomes.com
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 4 Attorney General Joins Investigation Into Mount Vernon Holding Cell Death
- 5 Initial Autopsy Results Inconclusive In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell Death