WASHINGTON D.C. - Rosena I. Brockmond of Washington D.C., formerly of Mount Vernon died Jan. 5. She was 87.
Brockmond was born Aug. 9, 1926, in Washington, D.C., to Clausell and Pearl Payne. She moved to Mount Vernon, New York in 1943, where she worked at the Mount Vernon Hospital for 25 years. In 1998, she returned to the Washington, D.C. area to be closer to family.
Brockmond is survived by her grand niece, Michelle (Stanley) Nelson; and great-grand niece, Lena Nelson. She was predeceased by her parents; sister, Helen Thompson; and niece, Margaret Smith.
Burial services will be held Feb. 8 in New Rochelle, New York.
For more information, please visit: http://www.KalasFuneralHomes.com
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Mount Vernon Teen Goes For Scholarship In Culinary Arts Competition
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 5 Mount Vernon Basketball Fans Celebrate Championship Win