WASHINGTON D.C. - Rosena I. Brockmond of Washington D.C., formerly of Mount Vernon died Jan. 5. She was 87.
Brockmond was born Aug. 9, 1926, in Washington, D.C., to Clausell and Pearl Payne. She moved to Mount Vernon, New York in 1943, where she worked at the Mount Vernon Hospital for 25 years. In 1998, she returned to the Washington, D.C. area to be closer to family.
Brockmond is survived by her grand niece, Michelle (Stanley) Nelson; and great-grand niece, Lena Nelson. She was predeceased by her parents; sister, Helen Thompson; and niece, Margaret Smith.
Burial services will be held Feb. 8 in New Rochelle, New York.
For more information, please visit: http://www.KalasFuneralHomes.com
- 1 One-Stop Career Center Closed In Mount Vernon Wednesday
- 2 Mount Vernon Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Mount Vernon
- 4 Mount Vernon Could See Light Snow Through Thursday Morning
- 5 Calls Made For Assembly Speaker Silver To Resign After Corruption Charges