WASHINGTON D.C. - Rosena I. Brockmond of Washington D.C., formerly of Mount Vernon died Jan. 5. She was 87.
Brockmond was born Aug. 9, 1926, in Washington, D.C., to Clausell and Pearl Payne. She moved to Mount Vernon, New York in 1943, where she worked at the Mount Vernon Hospital for 25 years. In 1998, she returned to the Washington, D.C. area to be closer to family.
Brockmond is survived by her grand niece, Michelle (Stanley) Nelson; and great-grand niece, Lena Nelson. She was predeceased by her parents; sister, Helen Thompson; and niece, Margaret Smith.
Burial services will be held Feb. 8 in New Rochelle, New York.
For more information, please visit: http://www.KalasFuneralHomes.com
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Vernon
- 3 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 4 Seven Mount Vernon Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 5 Montefiore Hosts Ebola Town Hall Meeting In Mount Vernon