STONY POINT, N.Y. - Pasquale J. Savarese of Stony Point, formerly of Mount Vernon, died June 5. He was 87.
Savarese was born Aug. 8, 1926, to Frank Savarese and Anna Sofia in Yonkers. He served in the United States Navy during World War II in the Asiatic-Pacific Theater of Operations. He lived in the Bronx and Mount Vernon but has lived in Stony Point since 1959. He worked as a pattern maker in the garment industry in New York City for 40 years, retiring in 1991. He was a member of the Haverstraw Elks, North Rockland Italian American Club.
Savarese is survived by his wife, Yolanda of Stony Point; daughter, Debra Ann (Mike) Stiglianese of Salisbury Mills, Patricia Johnson of Chester; sisters, Gloria DiNunzio, Anna (Connie) Savarese Glazier; and two grandchildren. He was predeceased by his sister, Mildred Sperando.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, June 9 at Immaculate Conception Church. Interment will follow at Fred Loescher Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Savarese’s honor to United Hospice of Rockland.
For more information, please visit: www.mjhigginsstonypoint.com
- 1 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 2 Attorney General Joins Investigation Into Mount Vernon Holding Cell Death
- 3 Funeral Arrangements Made For Raynette Turner In Mount Vernon
- 4 Initial Autopsy Results Inconclusive In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell Death
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient