STONY POINT, N.Y. - Pasquale J. Savarese of Stony Point, formerly of Mount Vernon, died June 5. He was 87.
Savarese was born Aug. 8, 1926, to Frank Savarese and Anna Sofia in Yonkers. He served in the United States Navy during World War II in the Asiatic-Pacific Theater of Operations. He lived in the Bronx and Mount Vernon but has lived in Stony Point since 1959. He worked as a pattern maker in the garment industry in New York City for 40 years, retiring in 1991. He was a member of the Haverstraw Elks, North Rockland Italian American Club.
Savarese is survived by his wife, Yolanda of Stony Point; daughter, Debra Ann (Mike) Stiglianese of Salisbury Mills, Patricia Johnson of Chester; sisters, Gloria DiNunzio, Anna (Connie) Savarese Glazier; and two grandchildren. He was predeceased by his sister, Mildred Sperando.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, June 9 at Immaculate Conception Church. Interment will follow at Fred Loescher Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Savarese’s honor to United Hospice of Rockland.
For more information, please visit: www.mjhigginsstonypoint.com
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Chance Of Snow Returns To Mount Vernon Tuesday
- 3 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 4 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam