GAHANNA, Ohio - Mary Lou DeFate (nee Kaiser), formerly of Mount Vernon and Eastchester, died Wednesday, April 16. She was 85.
DeFate was born Jan. 10, 1929, in Mt. Vernon, N.Y., and was the daughter of Ben and Lillian (Quirk) Kaiser. She graduated from Our Lady of Victory Grammar School and A.B. Davis High School. While a resident of Mt. Vernon, she was active in school and church affairs chairing fundraisers for both. She also worked with the Girl Scouts for many years. She was a member of the Republican Party serving as a delegate and also in the Board of Elections for a long time.
She was a resident of Eastchester, N.Y., for 39 years and worked in the accounting department of Edward Ehrbar, Inc. for 23 years. After retirement she moved to Gahanna, Ohio.
DeFate is survived by her daughters, Dorothy Gaulin of Blauvelt, N.Y., Beth Pagano of Upper Grandview, N.Y., and Jacquelyn Romagnano of Scarsdale, N.Y.; son, John DeFate of Blauvelt, N.Y.; six grandchildren; and a great grandson. She was predeceased by her parents;and brother, Paul Kaiser.
A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 12 p.m. Friday, April 25 at Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel at Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne. Interment to follow.
For more information, please visit: www.hawthornefuneralhome.com
- 1 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 2 Westchester County Stores Are Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 5 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School