MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Marion Groccia of Mount Vernon died April 12. She was 88.
Groccia was born Dec. 4, 1925, in Mount Vernon, to Nicholas and Concetta Maucieri. She graduated from A.B. Davis High School in 1944. She was a 10 year employee of General Tire Co.. For the past 25 years, she was an employee of the traffic bureau for Mount Vernon Police Department. She was a parishioner of Our Lady of Victory Church.
Groccia is survived by her husband, Nat Groccia; sons, Robert (Margaret) of New Milford, Conn., Charles (Milagros) of Katonah and Richard (Margaret) of Cortlandt Manor; nine grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her sisters, Elizabeth Petilli and Laura Coschigiano.
Calling hours are Monday, April 14 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 15 at Our Lady of Victory Church.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings In Mount Vernon
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 5 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three