MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Marion Groccia of Mount Vernon died April 12. She was 88.
Groccia was born Dec. 4, 1925, in Mount Vernon, to Nicholas and Concetta Maucieri. She graduated from A.B. Davis High School in 1944. She was a 10 year employee of General Tire Co.. For the past 25 years, she was an employee of the traffic bureau for Mount Vernon Police Department. She was a parishioner of Our Lady of Victory Church.
Groccia is survived by her husband, Nat Groccia; sons, Robert (Margaret) of New Milford, Conn., Charles (Milagros) of Katonah and Richard (Margaret) of Cortlandt Manor; nine grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her sisters, Elizabeth Petilli and Laura Coschigiano.
Calling hours are Monday, April 14 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 15 at Our Lady of Victory Church.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle
- 5 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate