EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Marian Hartman, a long-time resident of Eastchester, died in Arlington, Va. on Feb. 22. She was 90.
Hartman was born in Brooklyn after her parents emigrated to the United States to escape religious persecution. She lived in New York City and graduated from New York University. She also took graduate courses at Hofstra,the College of New Rochelle, West Hartford and Columbia University.
Hartman was a long-time kindergarten teacher at Hamilton School in Mount Vernon. She often received recognition for her creative teaching methods and materials. Her hobbies included listening to and playing classical music, reading, growing plants and pets.
She is survived by daughter Deborah (Andrew); son David; sister Norma (Paul); four grandchildren and three nephews.
Contributions in her memory can be made to the Natural Resources Defense Council Biogems program for the protection of gray wolves.
- 1 Mount Vernon Employee Arrested For Stealing From Parking Meters
- 2 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mount Vernon Skies Sunday
- 4 Guilty Plea Of Mount Vernon Mayor Tops Week's News
- 5 No Ebola Cases In Mount Vernon, Despite Rumors, Says Mayor's Office