MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Louise C. Lane, a longtime resident of Mt. Vernon, died April 7. She was 103.
Lane was born Aug. 27, 1910, in New York, to Fred and Bertha Cordes. She lived most of her life in Mount Vernon. She graduated from Mount Vernon High School in 1928. She completed the two-year program at the Katharine Gibbs Secretarial School. She was a secretary for the Mount Vernon Board of Education. She was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Mount Vernon.
Lane is survived by her daughters, Barbara Hindman of Redmond, Wash., Margaret (Peggy) Frederick of Plainfield, N.J., and Roberta Garner of Lakewood, Colo.; seven grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, George M. Lane.
Calling hours are Saturday, April 12 from 8:30 to 9:45 a.m. at the Yannantuono Burr Davis Sharpe Funeral Home, 584 Gramatan Ave., Mt. Vernon, NY 10552. Funeral service will be held Saturday, April 12 at 9:45 a.m. also at the funeral home. Interment at Mt. Hope Cemetery.
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Robbers On The Run After Heist At Pelham Manor Store
- 3 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Mount Vernon Superintendent Discusses Fitness At White House
- 5 Mount Vernon Police Slow To Update Sex Offender Info, Audit Finds