MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Louise C. Lane, a longtime resident of Mt. Vernon, died April 7. She was 103.
Lane was born Aug. 27, 1910, in New York, to Fred and Bertha Cordes. She lived most of her life in Mount Vernon. She graduated from Mount Vernon High School in 1928. She completed the two-year program at the Katharine Gibbs Secretarial School. She was a secretary for the Mount Vernon Board of Education. She was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Mount Vernon.
Lane is survived by her daughters, Barbara Hindman of Redmond, Wash., Margaret (Peggy) Frederick of Plainfield, N.J., and Roberta Garner of Lakewood, Colo.; seven grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, George M. Lane.
Calling hours are Saturday, April 12 from 8:30 to 9:45 a.m. at the Yannantuono Burr Davis Sharpe Funeral Home, 584 Gramatan Ave., Mt. Vernon, NY 10552. Funeral service will be held Saturday, April 12 at 9:45 a.m. also at the funeral home. Interment at Mt. Hope Cemetery.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 4 Attorney General Joins Investigation Into Mount Vernon Holding Cell Death
- 5 Family Files $20M Suit Against Yonkers In Police Raid Fatal Fall Incident