MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Helene Gaito Lorenzo of Mount Vernon died July 18. She was 85.
Lorenzo was born in Mount Vernon, and was the daughter of Joseph and Mary (Gallo) Gaito. After graduating Mount Vernon High School, she attended business school for two years and worked initially at Our Lady of Victory. From there she worked for the City of Mount Vernon Housing Authority and Westchester Building and Trades Council. After 30 years of working as the Business Office Manager of the Salesians in New Rochelle, she retired in the late 1990's.
Lorenzo is survived by 16 nieces and nephews; and many great-nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, John Vincent Lorenzo; siblings, Emilia Napolitano, Samuel Gaito, Patrick J. Gaito, John Gaito, Elizabeth Branca and Charles Gaito; and twin sister, Delores.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 23 from 3 to 7 p.m. at the George T. Davis Funeral Home, New Rochelle. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 24 at the Salesian Chapel.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to: Salesian Society Scholarship Fund.
- 1 Core Member Of Mount Vernon Street Gang Gets 28 Years In Prison
- 2 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 3 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says
- 4 Mount Vernon Police Seek Strip Club Shooting Suspect
- 5 Mount Vernon Officials Break Ground On Workforce Housing