MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Helene Gaito Lorenzo of Mount Vernon died July 18. She was 85.
Lorenzo was born in Mount Vernon, and was the daughter of Joseph and Mary (Gallo) Gaito. After graduating Mount Vernon High School, she attended business school for two years and worked initially at Our Lady of Victory. From there she worked for the City of Mount Vernon Housing Authority and Westchester Building and Trades Council. After 30 years of working as the Business Office Manager of the Salesians in New Rochelle, she retired in the late 1990's.
Lorenzo is survived by 16 nieces and nephews; and many great-nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, John Vincent Lorenzo; siblings, Emilia Napolitano, Samuel Gaito, Patrick J. Gaito, John Gaito, Elizabeth Branca and Charles Gaito; and twin sister, Delores.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 23 from 3 to 7 p.m. at the George T. Davis Funeral Home, New Rochelle. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 24 at the Salesian Chapel.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to: Salesian Society Scholarship Fund.
- 1 Hearing To Continue On Mount Vernon's 42 W. Broad Street Development
- 2 IRS Warns Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 4 Westchester County Stores Are Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill