DOVER PLAINS, N.Y. - Christine "Tina" Raia, of Dover Plains, former longtime resident of Mount Vernon, died Wednesday, July 23. She was 85.
Raia was born Nov. 27, 1928, in Mount Vernon and she was the daughter of Enrico "Harry" Ciallella and Rose Covino Mosca. She worked for Pelham Bay General Hospital for over 30 years as a switchboard operator.
Raia is survived by her husband, Edward Raia Sr.; sons, Nicholas Ciancio (Sue) of Carmichael, Calif. and George Ciancio Jr. (Jane) of Union Vale; and five granddaughters. She is also survived by her husband's children, Diane Pope (Herbert) of Whiting, N.J., Edward Raia Jr. (Mary) of Dover Plains and Sandra Karp of Burbank, Calif.; eight grandchildren; other family members; and friends. She was predeceased by her parents; brother, Alfonso "Sonny" Ciallella; sister, Rita Chiero; and many other friends and relatives.
Calling hours are from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday, July 26 and 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, July 27 at the Hufcut Funeral Home, 3159 Route 22, Dover Plains. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, July 28 at St. Charles Borromeo Church, 62 Mill St., Dover Plains. Entombment will follow at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
For more information, please visit: http://www.hufcutfuneralhome.com
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Charged With Rape Of 13-Year-Old
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Rough Rides Abound After Brutal Winter Takes Toll On Westchester Roads
- 4 Fire Watch Is In Effect For Westchester Through Evening
- 5 'Property Brothers' Looking For Westchester Residents To Appear In TV Show