YONKERS, N.Y. -- The soldier who barricaded herself inside a building at Fort Lee in Virginia and later killed herself has been identified as a Yonkers resident, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Sgt. 1st Class Paula M. Walker, 33, had served in the Army for close to 14 years and had been stationed at Fort Lee since 2011 where she was a human resources specialist, the Times-Dispatch reported.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Former Westchester DA Pirro Makes Appearance At Robert Durst Hearing
- 4 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 5 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion