WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- With a major Nor'easter bearing down on the Northeast, the National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for Westchester County from late Wednesday through late Thursday.
Snow is expected to come into the area late Wednesday night with temperatures in the high 20's and winds blowing north at 15 mph to 20 mph and gusts reaching 30 mph.
Snow is expected to become heavy in some parts of the area Thursday morning and remain in the area until tapering off late Thursday night. Visibilities will be limited to one-quarter of a mile to half a mile at times.
A total of 6-10 inches is possible, with higher amounts to the north and west.
- 1 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Mount Vernon
- 3 Mount Vernon Will See Dangerous Wind Chills As Low As 15 Below Zero
- 4 Mount Vernon Celebrates Black History With Famous Actresses, Producer
- 5 Mount Vernon Fleetwood Association Releases Dues, Plans