MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – William C. Collins died Dec. 17. He was 79.
Collins, a resident of Mount Vernon and Larchmont, was a retired employee of The Daily News, where he worked for three decades. Collins also founded the Colonial Village Tenants Association and was a lifelong Republican who ran for public office.
Collins is the beloved stepfather of Jeanne, Susanne and Michael O'Connor. He is also survived by his twin brother, John Collins, and his wife and son, and a host of nieces, nephews and cousins.
The wake will be held at the Fred H. McGrath & Son Funeral Home in Bronxville from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday. The funeral Mass will be celebrated at Sts. Peter & Paul Church in Mount Vernon at 10 a.m. Saturday.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Charged With Rape Of 13-Year-Old
- 2 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Rough Rides Abound After Brutal Winter Takes Toll On Westchester Roads
- 5 Fire Watch Is In Effect For Westchester Through Evening