MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – William C. Collins died Dec. 17. He was 79.
Collins, a resident of Mount Vernon and Larchmont, was a retired employee of The Daily News, where he worked for three decades. Collins also founded the Colonial Village Tenants Association and was a lifelong Republican who ran for public office.
Collins is the beloved stepfather of Jeanne, Susanne and Michael O'Connor. He is also survived by his twin brother, John Collins, and his wife and son, and a host of nieces, nephews and cousins.
The wake will be held at the Fred H. McGrath & Son Funeral Home in Bronxville from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday. The funeral Mass will be celebrated at Sts. Peter & Paul Church in Mount Vernon at 10 a.m. Saturday.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Former Westchester DA Pirro Makes Appearance At Robert Durst Hearing
- 4 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among Nation's 'Smartest'
- 5 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43