MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – William C. Collins died Dec. 17. He was 79.
Collins, a resident of Mount Vernon and Larchmont, was a retired employee of The Daily News, where he worked for three decades. Collins also founded the Colonial Village Tenants Association and was a lifelong Republican who ran for public office.
Collins is the beloved stepfather of Jeanne, Susanne and Michael O'Connor. He is also survived by his twin brother, John Collins, and his wife and son, and a host of nieces, nephews and cousins.
The wake will be held at the Fred H. McGrath & Son Funeral Home in Bronxville from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday. The funeral Mass will be celebrated at Sts. Peter & Paul Church in Mount Vernon at 10 a.m. Saturday.
- 1 Former Mount Vernon Cop Charged With Forging Hydrocodone Prescriptions
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 162 Westchester County Employees Take Buyouts
- 4 Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, Says Westchester DA
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car