MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – William C. Collins died Dec. 17. He was 79.
Collins, a resident of Mount Vernon and Larchmont, was a retired employee of The Daily News, where he worked for three decades. Collins also founded the Colonial Village Tenants Association and was a lifelong Republican who ran for public office.
Collins is the beloved stepfather of Jeanne, Susanne and Michael O'Connor. He is also survived by his twin brother, John Collins, and his wife and son, and a host of nieces, nephews and cousins.
The wake will be held at the Fred H. McGrath & Son Funeral Home in Bronxville from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday. The funeral Mass will be celebrated at Sts. Peter & Paul Church in Mount Vernon at 10 a.m. Saturday.
- 1 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Mount Vernon Police Seek Strip Club Shooting Suspect